Here at Francesca’s cakes we provide a totally bespoke service for our couple! We can create a cake to suit your exact needs from a small one tier to a towering 6 tier, in a theme to suit your style.
We also make an array of delicious treats ideal as a special gift for your guests, you can find these on our Favours page.
I prefer to receive all enquiries in writing, as I can get several enquiries a day it can be very hard to remember all that we discussed, so it’s much easier to have all details written down. You can do so by using the form on the Contact page. Cakes are priced accordingly to size, flavour and most importantly decorations. The more details you can provide the better! To avoid disappointment, we recommend you book your cake as soon as you can; while we may have availability at shorter notice, we ideally recommend booking at least 9-12 months in advance.
SAVE THE DATE
When you get in touch with your chosen date I will gather as much information as I can and can give you an approximate price based on designs ideas/photos you may already have. If you would like to proceed, a £50 (non-refundable) booking fee secures your date.
Around 6-9 months before the wedding is the ideal time for a consultation, or if that is not possible a call or skype/facetime chat can be arranged instead. I will send you a list of upcoming dates where we can book you in on one of the available slots. This is normally just for the wedding couple as unfortunately I can only accommodate a maximum 2 people in my the studio. If one of the bride/ groom are unable to attend you are welcome to bring along a family member/friend instead. During the consultation we will sit and talk through your ideas and look through photos to help you finalise your design and quote. You are welcome to bring along any ideas and items that will aid with the design process- e.g. Dress photos, invitations, list of flowers etc. Complimentary samples will be available at the consultation. This gives you the chance to try a random selection of our delicious flavours. Additional or specific flavours samples can be purchased at an additional cost of £10.
Final payment for your cake is due one month before the wedding.
Please note, due to being extremely busy during the summer months, consultations do not take place during July-August.
Want to meet us first?
If you would like to meet us first and sample our cakes before you commit to booking, it’s not a problem! Consultations prior to paying your booking fee are charged at £20 and include a random selection of complementary samples, this cost is payable in advance and is non-refundable. If you are unable to make it to a consultation day, you are welcome to purchase a sample box at a cost of £15 (random selection) or £10 per flavour if you prefer to choose your own flavours. Samples can be collected from our studio, or can be posted within the UK for £10. The fee is payable at the time of booking and non-refundable if order is cancelled.
Wedding cakes are bespoke and can vary greatly in price depending on size, delivery location and the complexity of the design and decoration. Final price will be quoted when all your cake requirements have been finalised.
2 tier cake Start from £195
3 tier cake (small) Start from £295
3 tier cake (standard) Start from £325
4 tier cake Start from £390
5 tier cake Start from £495
Below you can find a list of the most popular flavours I provide, if you are looking for something different please feel free to ask and I’ll be happy to help. Cakes are quoted as sponge cakes. If you would prefer to opt for a fruitcake, let us know and I can price it up accordingly.
All our sponge cakes are covered in a layer of deliciously creamy chocolate ganache and our fruitcakes in traditional marzipan before being covered in a layer of premium sugarpaste for a smooth professional finish.
• Vanilla- A light and fluffy sponge filled with Strawberry or Raspberry conserve and/or vanilla buttercream
• Lemon Madeira- A traditional sponge filled with Lemon curd or/and lemon buttercream
• Chocolate- A light sponge filled with Chocolate spread or/and chocolate buttercream
Chocolate Mudcake- A moist and rich chocolate cake filled with chocolate spread or/and chocolate buttercream
• White Chocolate & Strawberry- A light sponge cake filled with white chocolate buttercream and strawberry conserve
• Chocolate Orange- A delicious Chocolate cake infused with fresh oranges filled with chocolate orange buttercream
• Carrot- A moist and warming carrot and cinnamon cake filled with orange buttercream
• Coffee and Walnut- A Coffee infused cakes with walnut pieces filled with coffee buttercream
• Marbled Cake- A vanilla and Chocolate sponge filled with vanilla or chocolate buttercream
• Chocolate & Cherry- Chocolate sponge filled with Morello Cherry conserve and a layer vanilla buttercream
• Almond Cake- A delicious Almond sponge filled with raspberry jam and almond buttercream
• Coconut & Lime Cake- A Coconut sponge filled with Lime curd and coconut buttercream
• Mocha- A Chocolate sponge filled with Coffee buttercream
• Chocolate and Salted Caramel- A chocolate sponge filled with delicious salted caramel
• Fruitcake- A Rich fruitcake packed with fruit and infused with brandy (please note we require at least 3 months notice for fruitcakes as they need to mature)
ALLERGEN ADVICE: Please note, although I can provide cakes that are made without any added eggs or gluten, as I operate from a kitchen that uses gluten, dairy, eggs and nuts on a daily basis our cakes are NOT SUITABLE for allergy sufferers